Colson-Quinn is a Boulder, Colorado law firm representing clients in a variety of areas, including general business, technology, and intellectual property. Colson-Quinn’s experience includes advising established businesses as well as emerging growth companies on organizing, operating and selling businesses; securing and protecting intellectual property rights; selling goods both domestically and internationally; and hiring and retaining good employees. Focus of Practice
- Entity Selection and Formation- Formation of appropriate legal entities; formation of partnerships, limited liability companies, corporations, etc; shareholder agreements, operating agreements.
- Financing- private placements, promissory notes, lending documents, stock and asset purchase agreements.
- Contracts- Preparation and review of contracts, including leases, covenants not to compete, buy-sell agreements, international and domestic sales, distribution and agency agreements, franchising, outsourcing and employment agreements.
- Mergers and Acquisitions- Sale of stock in closely held companies, shareholder buyouts, division of assets.
- Intellectual Property- Advice regarding acquisition, enforcement, and commercial exploitation of intellectual property assets including counseling, technology transfer, outsourcing, licensing, trade secrets and trademark and copyright registration and applications.
- Employment- Advice on employment relationships, confidentiality and non-compete agreements, executive compensation and incentive compensation, stock option and other employee compensation plans.
- Litigation Avoidance- Litigation avoidance, including negotiation and resolution of legal disputes; mediation.
Colson-Quinn has put dozens of companies, products and technologies in motion, but also delivers targeted results to major companies. Significant transactions in the past few years have included representation of:
- Freshwater Software in their sale of company to Mercury Interactive
- Texas energy company in obtaining a temporary restraining order against Chinese national oil company on offshore China oil properties
- Audio Adventures, nation's largest audio book rental company, in sale of company
- Meadowlark Photonics in its international distribution agreements